- The importance of HTML
- The purpose of HTML versus CSS and JS.
- The different HTML Type Declarations, as a legacy, and what is important.
- The direction of HTML moving forward
- What is a tag, an element, types of attributes
- HTML Syntax of attributes
- Valuable Resources (history of HTML, specifications, summary of organizations)
2. Basic Page Structure
- Organizational Flow of an HTML Document, Document Type (and analogy)
- Understanding Nesting Structure of Elements and Attributes
3. Formatting Page Content
- Understanding the difference in “presentation” and “emphasis” tags.
- Understanding self-closing tags
- Visible and invisible sections of html document
- My misunderstanding of heading tags
- Ordered lists versus unordered lists
4. Structuring Content
- Key best practices
- Importance of defining the Document Type Declaration versus relying on servers and why
- Sibling tags in HTML, and placing them on separate lines to easily read.
- Using ‘alt tags’ in images and the benefits
- Global language attribute and the benefits of always adding this to the head tag
- Newbies should get in habit of coding without automation